Messages

Blog entries

About Me

My photo
I want to grow as a leader, and I want to help others grow. Sharing my thoughts on leadership is intended to help us grow together into all God wants for us. I hope you enjoy my blog.

Followers

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Living By Revelation

"I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent, and have revealed them to babes."  Matt. 11:25.  The things of God are revealed, and therefore available to anyone who will receive them.  The Christian life is to be a life of revelation.  Paul's prayer for the church was that we would have the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Chirst, Eph.1:17.  Only through revelation can we know the things given to us in Christ.  1 Cor. 2:12 says, "Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God."  We need the Holy Spirit to show us the things that are ours through Christ.  Without the Holy Spirit, we are blind to the things of God.  God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, has shined in our hearts, to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.  This is revelation!  It is the revealing of Christ to our hearts.  The rock that the church is built upon is the rock of revelation.  In Matt. 16, Jesus asked the disciples, "Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?"  The people had many different ideas about who Jesus was.  They thought maybe he was John the Baptist, or Elijah, or Jeremiah, or one of the prophets.  They didn't know Him, even though he was there with them.  So Jesus asked the disciples, "But who do you say that I am?"  "Simon Peter answered and said, 'You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.' "  Jesus said, "Blessed are you Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this unto you, but My Father in heaven... and on this rock I will build My church..."  The revelation of Christ to our hearts is the unmoveable rock upon which the church is built, and nothing can stand against that revelation.  We are called to live by that revelation.  Let us pray for the Holy Spirit to bring revelation into our hearts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment