Messages

Blog entries

About Me

My photo
I want to grow as a leader, and I want to help others grow. Sharing my thoughts on leadership is intended to help us grow together into all God wants for us. I hope you enjoy my blog.

Followers

Monday, March 4, 2013

Misunderstood!

The first chapter of 1 Sam. tells us of the trials of Hannah's life.  The other wife, Penninah, had sons and daughters, but Hannah could not have children.  1 Sam. 1:6,7  says, "And her rival also provoked her severely, to make her miserable, because the Lord had closed her womb.  So it was, year by year, when she went up to the house of the Lord, that she provoked her, therefore she wept and did not eat."  Elkanah tried to comfort Hannah, and said to her, "Hannah, why do you weep?  Why do you not eat?  And why is your heart grieved?  Am I not better to you than ten sons?"  Elkanah misunderstood the needs of Hannah's life.  Her cry was to have a male child.  Elkanah's attempt to comfort her failed, because Hannah needed a miracle from God.  There are some things in our lives that only God can do.  The marriage relationship is a beautiful design from God, but we will find ourselves disappointed if we rely only on our spouses to provide every need in our lives.  Husbands and wives must come to realize that there are some needs that only God can fulfil.  When both the husband and wife have a relationship with God, they will experience the very best that marriage can offer.  Hannah took her needs to the Lord in prayer.  Eli the priest was watching her, and saw her lips move, though he heard no voice.  He misunderstood Hannah, and thought she was drunk..  He said to her, "How long will you be drunk?  Put your wine away from you!"  But Hannah had not been drinking, she had poured out her heart to the Lord.  Both her husband and her priest misunderstood her.  We can be greatly comforted to know that God does not misunderstand us! He know exactly what we are thinking and what we are feeling.  Ps. 139 says, "You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off.  You comprehend my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways."  We have a High Priest that can sympathize with us, because He was tempted in every way that we are.  He understands us, and knows what we are going through.  We can come to Him in confidence that He hears, and will give us help and grace in our time of need. 

Your High Priest knows you, and understands you completely!

No comments:

Post a Comment