Messages

Blog entries

About Me

My photo
I want to grow as a leader, and I want to help others grow. Sharing my thoughts on leadership is intended to help us grow together into all God wants for us. I hope you enjoy my blog.

Followers

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Live In The Present

"There were present at that season some who told Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.  And Jesus answered and said to them, 'Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered such things?  I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.  Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem?  I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.'"  Jesus refers to two incidents where people were killed through no fault of their own.  Hard hearted Pilate had some Galileans killed, so he could mix their blood with the Roman sacrifices.  A tower fell in Jerusalem, causing the death of 18 men.  It seems the mindset of the people in Jesus' day was that if bad things happened, it must have been because there was sin in the the lives of those who suffered.  People look for answers when tragedy strikes, and sometimes come to the wrong conclusions!  In neither case of these examples were the people who suffered at fault.  The Galileans suffered because of Pilate's cruelty, and the 18 men in Siloam died because of a faulty tower that fell.  Jesus did not give an explanation as to why these things happened, but He addressed the present need .  He said, "But unless you repent you will all likewise perish."  When we experience tragedy, it is not time to cast blame on others, nor to wallow in our grief by asking why, but it is time to examine our own hearts, for we will all face death sometime.  The important thing is that we are right with God.  Life is short, even if we live a long life.  We are not to stay in the past asking why, but live in the present saying, "God, here's my life, I give it to You.  I repent of every sin and ask you to forgive me now.  I commit my life to You, and trust You to lead and guide me.  I will live for You.  Show me how You would have me to live.  Show me what You would have me to do.  I am now Your servant.  I will not lean on my own understanding, but will acknowledge You in all my ways.  I will walk with You, and live for You all the days of my life.  I love You Jesus, and I now turn my life over to You."  This is living in the present, and preparation for the future.  Now you are ready to live for today!

Are you living for the past, or in the present?

No comments:

Post a Comment