Messages

Blog entries

About Me

My photo
I want to grow as a leader, and I want to help others grow. Sharing my thoughts on leadership is intended to help us grow together into all God wants for us. I hope you enjoy my blog.

Followers

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Life and Peace

Romans 8:6 says, "To be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace."  Living carnally minded is a killer, it brings a separation in your walk with God.  The carnal, fleshly mind is an enemy against God, and is not subject to the law of God.  The enemy of your Christian life is your carnal mind.  It is the place of battle for your walk with God.  God gave us freedom to choose what we will think about in our hearts and minds, and what we choose to submit our minds to is what we will follow after.  Lately when temptation comes to my mind, I've been saying, "I'm not going to subject my mind to that.  I'm going to subject my mind to the Spirit and the Word."  I won't allow my mind to follow after the things of the flesh.  To be spiritually minded is life and peace.  This is the opposite of the fleshly mind which brings separation from God.  I can walk in the life of God and in the peace of God when I choose to be spiritually minded.  Peace is what the human heart is searching for.  We look for peace and satisfaction through alcohol, drugs, sexual experiences, money, etc.  Yet all these things do not bring long term peace.  The satisfying of the soul can only happen through what Christ offers us.  He is the Prince of Peace, and He knows how to satisfy our deepest needs.  Isa. 26:3 says, "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You."  "Great peace have they who love Your law, and nothing causes them to stumble."  Ps. 119:165.  Recently I saw three things that really affect all of us:  1.  A feeling of being unloved.  However, Rom. 8:35-39 tells us that nothing can separate us from the love of God.  2.  A feeling of being unworthy.  But Romans 8:33,34 tells us we are not condemned, that Christ died for us, and rose again, and is on the right hand of God, and prays for us.  We are worthy because of Christ.  3.  A feeling of not having enough.  But Romans 8:32 tells us that God did not spare His only Son for us, and therefore He will freely give us all things.  Say it to yourself today, "I am loved, I am worthy, and I have enough."  Renew your mind with these truths, and begin to live in life and peace.

Say it over and over; I am loved, I am worthy, and I have enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment