God said of Israel that they were a people that always went astray in their hearts, and they did not know God's ways, Ps. 95. Though they saw the miracles, they did not follow God faithfully. Ps. 103:7 says, "He made known His ways to Moses, His acts to the children of Israel." Moses knew the ways of God, and God desires that we would know His ways also. Many of the writers of the Bible cried out to God that they might know His ways. "Show me Your ways O Lord; Teach me Your paths." Ps. 25:4. We need to ask God to show us His ways, because our ways are not His ways. His ways are higher than our ways, and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts. So here are 7 thoughts on the ways of God that all begin with the letter W:
1. Ways - Show me Your way, O Lord; Ps. 27:11. The way of man is not in himself; Jer. 10:23.
2. Word - God's Word is His way. 2 Sam. 22:31 "As for God, His way is perfect. The word of the Lord is proven..." "Your word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Ps. 119:105. When we find God's Word, we find God's way.
3. Worship - "Exalt the Lord our God, and worship at His footstool - His is holy." Ps. 99:5. Everything we learn about God should cause us to worship Him more. Knowledge can puff a person up in arrogance, but worship humbles us before God. It is worshippers that God is seeking - John 4:23,24.
4. Walk - Knowing God's ways changes the way we walk. "...I will walk within my house with a perfect heart." Ps. 101:2. "Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, 'This is the way, walk in it,' whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left." Isa. 30:21.
5. Work - God is at work in us to do His good pleasure. "Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ." Phil. 1:6. His work in us is to make us more like Christ. "For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." Phil. 2:13
6. Wait - There is always a time of waiting between the sowing of the seed and the harvest, Gal. 6:7,8. Learning to wait on God is an essential part of the ways of God. "Wait on the Lord, be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart. Wait, I say, on the Lord." Ps. 27:14
7. Wisdom - There is wisdom from God that leads us in the ways of God. There are 2 kinds of wisdom mentioned in Jam. 3:15-18. The wisdom of this world is earthly, sensual, and demonic. The wisdom that God gives is pure, peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, merciful, impartial, and genuine. Walking in God's wisdom is the way of God.
- ► 2013 (33)
- ► 2012 (31)
- ▼ 2011 (15)