Messages

Blog entries

About Me

My photo
I want to grow as a leader, and I want to help others grow. Sharing my thoughts on leadership is intended to help us grow together into all God wants for us. I hope you enjoy my blog.

Followers

Monday, February 14, 2011

The Secret Place

"He that dwells in the secret place of the Most High, shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty," Ps. 91:1 There is a secret place in God where we are invited to dwell. Abiding in that secret place assures us of the provision of El Shaddai, the All-Sufficient One. The secret place is that place where we build personal intimate relationship with the Lord. It is the personal conversation and time spent together that builds a relationship. Marriage relationship is built when husband and wife are alone together. That is the time where intimacy of thoughts and emotions are shared and where the strength of relationship is built. The strength of the relationship will be seen in public, but it was built in private. Jesus told us that when we pray, we should enter into our private room, and shut the door, and there pray in secret to our Father, and our Father who sees in secret will reward us openly. It is the secret place that David longed for in Ps. 27:4,5. "One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple. For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; in the secret place of His taberacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock." The secret place is the place where Jesus promised that He and the Father would come and make their home, John 14:21-23. It is the place of fellowship where Jesus said He would enter in, when we open the door, and He comes in to dine with us, Rev. 3:20. It is the cleft in the rock, where Moses waited for God's presence to pass by. God was saying to Moses that he could have as much of God's glory as he wanted, and as much as he could stand. When we pray, "Show me Your glory", we are praying to be brought into the secret place. Show me your glory Lord. I want to be in the secret place with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment